- First was introduced by phusis;
- There are connections/associations between words and nature;
- The echo of nature is used to name the concepts of material.
- Other examples of onomatopoeia:splash, pick, sway, etc.
“There be no direct, necessary connection between the nature of the things or ideas language deals with and the linguistic units or combinations by which these things or ideas are expressed”
- The language items have no direct connection with the concepts they represent;
- In naming things, human doesn't follow certain rule;
- The names of things are the result of convention among the language users.
Post a Comment
If you have other contemporary issues, questions, suggestions, criticisms, disagreements, or even rejections, please leave comment politely...